Friday 16 April 2010

Interview 1

Patricia Alves

1. What did you understand from the video?
I understand from the video that the man is a very troubled individual and I felt sorry for him. As a Christian myself I could relate to cross that he was holding while he was drinking. It made me think while he was looking at the ring and continuing to drink that religion was all he had. I felt the bottle's of alcohol represented the Devil and hell.

2. Did you feel the concept of alcoholism was portrayed well?
I felt the alcoholism was portrayed very well as it was clear he was intoxicated and did not have full control of himself. The alcohol also led to the end scene where he puts the gun in his mouth, a sober person would not do that.

3. Did you understand the link between the lyrics and the mise-en-scene/props?
Yes I did, when I saw the lighting change to blue and Matthew look up I knew it was about heaven without even hearing the lyrics, and of course looking down and the lighting change to red was about hell.

4. Was there any shots that stood out and grabbed your attention?
Probably the best shot was the ending shot, the emotion in his face was so real, he looked so scared. I gave me the chills at the end made me think about what alcohol and being emotionally unstable can really do to you.

5. What could have improved the video?
I feel better lighting in the performance shots would have been better as well so that the performance could be more impacting. Also more settings to allow for a bigger story to be told and maybe more characters. But I liked it, made me think to never resort to alcohol if I have a problem.

0 comments:

 
© 2009 a2harrowcollegemediasam7. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Constructed By Harrow College Media Department